Saturday, July 2, 2011

1st Examination result

A quick update regarding my first checkup last Monday (27th June).

My Oncologist doctors have now passed me along to two new doctors who will continue to conduct the examinations and track my progress. These two basically reassured me that although I've shown no signs of improvement with my symptoms, that in time, "most" of the issues that I have will disappear and that I'm recovering well.

"I'm still not allowed to drink a beer or bourbon so how is that progress?" I asked. All I got from them was a smile and they moved on to the next question. Next time, we're stopping for an approximate date of return answer as I think I deserve a beer!

After spraying a numbing agent up my nose and down my throat, which I will say did nothing to numb either of these regions, a camera tube was shoved up my nostril and threaded down all the way down to my throat. The end result of all of this was that they could not find any of the cancer that had been residing there.  FANTASTIC NEWS...BUT...not a conclusive test to determine whether or not the cancer is gone.  That will be determined by a PET scan which I'm to have sometime next week.

It will take a day or two to receive the results but you can be assured that I will post the result up here on the blog immediately. So far, so good...fingers crossed...and I hope to post some great news in the next week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment