Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tales from the crypt

Well I received the call this afternoon to head up to hospital tonight and try out the accommodation a day prior to kicking off my treatment.  How thoughtful are the people here at Hotel Nepean!

Bernadette and I arrived at 8pm and they lead us to my private room and said "You're in here". What'd I do? You mean I'm going to have no one alongside me to tell me their life story, or ask me mine? How boring. Thankfully, I have a laptop and Internet access so I can keep myself occupied until lights out, which is 10pm. Sorry, but that's not "MY" bedtime, so being in my own room isn't too bad in hindsight.

The guy in the next room must be deaf, I can hear every word from his TV headset unit. If anyone recalls how tiny the speakers are in the hospital bedside TV speaker unit, then you'll understand how loud that volume is. Thankfully, I remembered to pack earplugs so it won't be a problem.

One more thing to add, these hospital rooms at night are akin to being inside a fridge, whilst your naked. Honestly, why do they make it so cold in here!

I'm ready to attack my chemotherapy tomorrow with vigour and after that day is over, there's only 14 days of treatments remaining to get through, although that last treatment day isn't until the 8th of May. I know there's some difficult days that lie ahead but the end is so near now that nothing is going to stop me charging to that finish line!

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes today Sly.
    PS Put some clothes on ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Simon Go Simon, Go Simon
    Hope things go well smoothly,
    And you make a rapid and full recovery,
    Can't wait to catch up and see you soon.
    Hope Bern and the girls are holding up well too.
    We all wish you the very best and send all our love, you remain an inspiration, and we're not just blowing smoke up your arse. Love the Gobbos.

    ReplyDelete