Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The end of a top day!

What a fantastic day it's been.

Woke at 6am and began throwing down the water like a drowning fish to inflate my veins. Then 20 minutes prior to the cannula being put in, I had a delightfully long shower so my veins / skin would soften up and rise even more. The end result, cannula in first time without an issue. Absolutely Brilliant!

One item they had forgot to fill me in on was that the Cisplatin and pre-hydration were DOUBLE doses today. Whatever, bring it on! That kicked off at at 9:30am and had completed by 6pm.  Now receiving 10 hours of Sodium Chloride post hydration. Beginning from tomorrow morning until the end of the week will be the administering of the Fluorouracil drug.

(Karen - this note is especially for you - King of the water works. 2 litres in 4 hours. Say no more!)

I've been eating like a man possessed. Really, I have! I forgot to mention yesterday that I decided to attempt solid food, so off I went to the butcher and returned with 4 lamb chops. Now they might not have smelt like lamb chops, they might not have tasted like lamb chops, but after managing to eat the first one, do you think I cared? I was like the kid in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory who just discovered he has the last golden ticket, overjoyed I was! Since that moment, whatever is put in front of me, I devour. It's still slightly  tender in my throat but it's a thousand times better than feeding by the stomach peg. I think the reason that the doctors kill off your taste buds for a while is so that you'll eat the hospital food that's put in front of you. (to the hospital staff reading this...joke joke!!)

My day was made fantastically brighter with Bernadette spending the day along side me, then Israel visiting for a couple of hours, followed again by Bernadette, Madison & Tayla for a couple more hours.

Thanks for the love, energy and laughter. Also, from the bottom of my physically small yet mystically ginormous heart, thanks to everyone for all the messages of support.

1 day down, 14 remain.

What a fantastic day it's been!

No comments:

Post a Comment