Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wednesday quick update..

Nothing much has changed except that my mouth, throat and tongue, are still excruciatingly painful.
I have to make a conscious effort to not breathe via my mouth otherwise within seconds, it feels like there's a little centurion solder in there poking around the roof of my mouth with his spear (sorry, best way I could think of describing that!) Swallowing is still as painful and it's not until something like this happens to you, that you realise how often you do that action involuntarily. I am using the drugs / solutions to numb the pain, but, some of it still gets through.

Talking still isn't an option either at the moment, so the family have become used to my hand signals, grunts and moans, and silly looking facial expressions to communicate. You come to realise how often you converse on a daily basis, and how much you miss conversation, and the sound of your own voice.

My weight is steadily climbing back up (thank god my doctors don't read my blog otherwise I'd probably hear "we told you so!".  I'm now consuming 4 cans a day of the Ensure Plus.

My daily feeding schedule with the stomach tube is shown below. I've expressed it in the manner of a computer program, as it never deviates from this routine.

(1) = Syringe 50 mls of water initial flush, then 237 mls of Ensure Plus, Syringe 50 mls water post flush

(2) = Syringe 6 x 50ml water, 300ml total, to remain hydrated

Line 10.        8am    - (1)
Line 20.        10am  - (2)
Line 30.        12pm  - (1)
Line 40.        2pm    - (2)
Line 50.        4pm    - (1)
Line 60.        6pm    - (2)
Line 70.        8pm    - (1)
Line 80.        10pm  - (2)
Line 90.        Delay job for 10 hours
Line 100.      Goto Line 10.

Ok,  I re-dressed my bandages, made a blog entry for the day, time to creep back into bed until the 8am alarm rudely wakes me. Sayonara peeps!

1 comment: