Monday, March 7, 2011

Tell me why...I don't like Mondays...

Hi all,

Monday evening and a quick update as to what's been happening since Friday's post.

I've had to give in and have been feeding off the stomach peg since Saturday. It was becoming just to difficult to eat or drink anymore via my mouth. Can you imagine feeling thirsty, then "injecting" fluids into your stomach to quench your thirst? It was particularly difficult for me to get over that hurdle. The same goes for feeding using the Ensure Plus nutrition mixture. The first time I did it, watching gravity feed the solution into my stomach, conjured up many strange science fiction images in my head.

My neck has be dressed twice daily at the moment due to the radiation burns, but I'm hoping that by Sunday, the skin may have been able to repair itself to the stage that I won't need the burn cream, gauzes and bandages around my neck. I feel like one of those tribes people with all the rings around their neck. If my neck is longer after all of this, I'll know why!

To add to all my woes, I've also contracted a cold that comes along with a most unpleasant cough. Seriously bad timing! It's bad enough that I can hardly talk, and that I have a throat that feels like barbed wire was dragged through it. So now I also have to contend with a cough filled with, wait for it, a nice big mixture of phlegm as well. Absolutely fantastic!

On the bright side, my radiation treatments did finish last Friday. Yippee!!!
If only they'd finished the week before...oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment