Monday, July 18, 2011

PET Scan Preliminary Update

Hi All,

My appointment for today was postponed until the 1st of August. This was done to allow me time to flush my sinuses twice a day beforehand, which will hopefully reduce the swelling in my nasal passages so the doctors can slide a camera up there. They had attempted this a few weeks ago but it wasn't successful and hurt me a bit. My question to them is, why didnt they suggest the sinus flushing before todays appointment? Anyhow.....

I did receive a "premliminary" analysis from the PET scan where I was informed that the cancer is mostly gone and there are only small residual amounts remaining which they said was normal and should slowly disappear soon.  The camera up the nose procedure will allow them to provide me with a better diagnosis of my condition and what / if anything, lies ahead. I should add that the previous camera examination wasn't able to see my left nostril region due to my blocked sinuses there.

So, fantastic news thus far and I'll provide another update on the 1st of August. For those that are curious, my weight this morning was 53.2kgs...I'm still a featherweight. None of my other issues have improved as yet except that my hair is slowly returning at the back of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment