Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mid-way thru cycle 2 ...

Hi everyone,

As you can imagine due to my lack of posts, the last few weeks were a struggle up until the last few days prior to commencing cycle 2.  Now I'm sitting here in my hospital bed and we're doing it all again, only the doctors have decided to fast track my treatment schedule this time and are slam dunking the Cisplatin and 5FU drugs into me much more rapidly than in cycle one, meaning that I'll be out on the morning of day 5 (saturday) rather than day 6.  I guess they thought I didn't suffer enough after cycle 1 so they decided to up the ante. Absolutely Fabulous!

Dealing with the normal loss of appetite and uneasy stomach is more difficult this time around and I've really had to push myself to eat. I had managed to get my weight back up to 57kgs prior to commencing cycle 2 thankfully, as I can foresee that I'll lose a couple of kg's by the time I walk out of here.

Not much else to add for the moment so I'll leave it there and I promise to update the blog whilst I'm resting after this cycle is completed.

1 comment: